POSITION: Project Accountant
The project accountant will prepare all payment applications to customers and process payments to subcontractors while protecting the Company from liens and claims. This position reports directly to the controller.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform variety of accounting tasks related to the processing and maintenance of AIA G702, G703, and other forms required on a project
- Maintain accounts receivable records, assist with invoice preparation and distribution
- Correspond with owners, owner representatives, lenders, and title companies regarding payment
- Issue monthly subcontractor payments in exchange for waivers (including 2nd tier and supplier waivers). Review waivers for accuracy and submit monthly waiver packages to title company (if applicable)
- Verify subcontractor compliance with subcontract requirements before releasing payments
- Coordinate with auditors during annual audit
- Make recommendations to supervisor for cost-effective methods of accomplishing specific functions
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
Qualifications & Experience
- BS in business, accounting, or finance plus minimum two (2) years construction accounting experience or equivalent combinations of training and experience
- Knowledge of general construction accounting, auditing, payroll and invoicing required
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Viewpoint V6 Construction Software is required
- Detail-oriented with good written and verbal communication skills essential
- Highly organized and service-oriented
Why join our dynamic team?
Since its founding, James McHugh Construction Co. has earned its reputation as a builder of landmark, one-of-a-kind structures. McHugh’s success is grounded in the company’s dedication to the success of its clients, its people, and the McHugh heritage. McHugh’s mission has always been promoting a seamless and positive project experience with excellence and innovation. McHugh offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, wellness program, short and long-term disability coverage, company matching 401(k), employee referral program, career development, and tuition reimbursement.
James McHugh Construction Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Apply for this position by visiting MetroChicagoJobs.com