POSITION: Insurance Administrator
The insurance administrator will maintain records related to employee benefit programs including group health, dental and vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, retirement benefits and savings plans, and discount programs. This position reports to the vice president of risk management.
As Insurance Administrator You Will:
- Process applications for changes to, reinstatement of, and cancellation of employee benefits as directed by others.
- Ensure applications are complete, compile data on employee benefit changes, verify individual records conform to each employee’s specifications request, and verify the accuracy of the company records versus the carriers/broker records.Provide support to update renewal information as needed to reflect changes during the annual employee benefit insurance renewal.
- Work with human resources, employees, and new hires to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
- Support the implementation of the company’s Worker Compensation (WC) Programs by assisting in tracking all WC claims including claims management information, and schedule claim review meetings and depositions.
- Follow up with health care providers as directed to ensure proper communications and invoices are processed timely.
- Meticulously maintain WC records, drafting and presenting related reports to management as required
- Provide administrative support, maintain departmental records, file correspondence and other documents
- Follow compliance with applicable government regulations, as well as company policy and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees; assist with questions regarding health benefits, and maintain positive relationships with outside vendors.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Need:
- 3-5 years of benefits administration, safety and loss control, claims management or general human resources experience or a combination of benefits administration experience and education/training.
- A basic understanding of various benefits software and Microsoft Office is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workload and meet deadlines required
- Strong attention to detail required
- At least a high school diploma or its equivalent. A college degree is preferred.
- High level of self-confidence, flexibility, integrity, and honesty
- Must be adept at balancing multiple tasks
Why join our dynamic team?
Since its founding, James McHugh Construction Co. has earned its reputation as a builder of landmark, one-of-a-kind structures. McHugh’s success is grounded in the company’s dedication to the success of its clients, its people, and the McHugh heritage. McHugh’s mission has always been promoting a seamless and positive project experience with excellence and innovation. McHugh offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, wellness program, short and long-term disability coverage, company matching 401(k), employee referral program, career development, and tuition reimbursement.
James McHugh Construction Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans. Apply for this position by visiting MetroChicagoJobs.com